Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease muffin pan and set aside.
2. In large bowl, blend the butter and both sugars with an electric mixer on medium speed for at least 3 minutes.
3. Add in eggs, one at a time, followed by vanilla extract and blend until well-combined.
4. In separate bowl, add in flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until combined. Slowly add in dry ingredients to batter, beating on medium-low speed just until ingredients are combined.
5. Fold in semi-sweet chocolate chips. Use large cookie scoop to place batter into muffin pan 3/4 full. Use back of cookie scoop to place indentation on top of dough.
6. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown and center of cookie cup is mostly set. Remove pan to wire rack to cool.
In large bowl, add butter and blend with electric mixer for 2 - 3 minutes on medium speed.
2. Add in powdered sugar, vanilla extract. Add milk or heavy whipping cream a tablespoon at a time, blending on medium to medium-low speed until frosting becomes smooth and creamy.
3. If frosting is too thick, continue to add milk a tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached. If frosting is too runny, add a little more powdered sugar.
Unwrap foil from candy kisses.
Place pointed end of kiss upside down and gently press into center of cookie cup.
Take an additional candy and press on top of first candy.
Add sprinkles if desired.