Lemon Gooey Butter bars consist of the traditional ooey gooey butter bars with a zing of lemon added for lemon lovers.
In large bowl, combine cake mix, melted butter, and egg. Blend with electric mixer until ingredients are well blended.
2. Spoon batter into lightly greased or parchment lined 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Press batter into bottom of pan. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In large bowl, add in softened cream cheese and blend with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
3. Add in eggs, powdered sugar, fresh squeezed lemon juice, and lemon extract. Mix with blender until well blended.
4. Add in melted butter and blend until combined. Spread filling evenly over unbaked crust layer.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 33 to 40 minutes or until center is mostly set and edges are light golden brown.
6. Remove pan to wire rack and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes. Cover pan with saran wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate for at least 2 to 3 hours to chill.
7. Once dessert has chilled, cut into squares and sprinkle with powdered sugar.