Lemon Lasagna Dessert also known as Lemon Lush consists of four scrumptious layers. A shortbread crust followed by a layer of light, fluffy cream cheese filling. A layer of lemon pudding is then added and is topped with a final layer of whipped cream. A light and refreshing treat that's great for a crowd.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In large bowl, add in softened butter, flour, granulated sugar, lemon zest, and salt. Mix together until crumbly.
3. Press dough into 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees F for 18 to 22 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
4. Remove pan to wire rack to cool.
Add heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract to large bowl. Blend with electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute and then continue blending on medium-high speed for 3 - 5 minutes, or until stiff peaks form.
Add softened cream cheese and powdered sugar to large bowl. Blend with electric mixer on medium speed for up to 2 minutes or until smooth.
2. Fold in whipped cream (1 cup) until soft and fluffy.
3. Use spatula to spread cream cheese layer on top of cooled shortbread crust.
Add two packages of lemon pudding mix and milk into large bowl. Blend with electric mixer on low speed for 2 minutes. Allow to thicken for a few minutes and then spread on top of cream cheese layer.
Spread remaining whipped cream on top of pudding layer.
Cover dish with saran wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 - 3 hours prior to serving.