Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease or line 9 x 13 inch pan with parchment paper.
2. In large bowl, add in butter and both sugars. Blend with electric mixer on medium speed for at least 3 minutes.
3. Add in eggs, one at a time. Blend until combined. Add in vanilla extract. Blend until combined.
4. Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Blend on medium-low speed just until ingredients are combined. Don't over mix.
5. Add in rolled oats and blend just until combined. Batter will be sticky.
6. Fold in 1 1/2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips.
7. Spread batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips on top of batter. Gently press into batter if needed. Bake at 350 degrees F for 22 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Remove pan to wire rack to cool for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Cut into squares and store in airtight container.
Recipe inspired from tastes better from scratch and i am baker