This no-bake lemon cheesecake is a light cheesecake texture that is smooth and extra creamy. This cool Summer dessert is made with real lemons and is a refreshing treat topped with homemade whipped cream.
Lightly grease bottom and sides of nine-inch springform pan.
2. Pulse graham cracker cookies in food processor until finely crushed. Add crushed crumbs to medium-sized bowl of melted butter.
3. Toss ingredients with fork until well-combined.
4. Press crumb mixture firmly into bottom and partially up sides of lightly greased nine-inch springform pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. (Optional)
6. Remove to wire rack to cool or place unbaked crust in refrigerator/freezer to chill.
Use grater to zest lemon in separate bowl and set aside. Slice and juice 1 -2 lemons to measure 1/4 cup. Place in small bowl.
2. Add unflavored gelatin to lemon juice. Let sit for one minute and then microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir and then let cool to room temperature.
3. In large bowl, add cream cheese and sour cream and blend with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 - 3 minutes, or until smooth and creamy.
4. Add in powdered sugar, gelatin mixture, vanilla, and lemon zest. Blend on medium speed until combined.
5. Add in heavy whipping cream and blend for an additional 3 - 5 minutes or until stiff peaks form on beaters.
6. Pour batter into springform pan. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
Place heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar into large bowl. Blend with electric mixer on medium-high to high speed for 3 - 5 minutes. Soft peaks and then stiff peaks will form.
2. Continue to blend until consistency of whipped cream. Use spatula to place whipped cream into piping bag and decorate edges of cheesecake with your choice of decorating tip.
3. Garnish with lemon zest
Dessert must chill for at least 8 hours. Keep this dessert refrigerated.