These sugar cookies are super easy to make and taste amazing!! This is a soft and chewy cookie with a perfect compliment of vanilla, butter, and sugar.
If you’re looking for a quick recipe for sugar cookies, this recipe is for you. This batter comes together within minutes and the cookies are spectacular! I can’t put my finger on what makes these cookies taste so great, but there’s just something about them that will have you coming back for another. This is a soft and chewy cookie with a perfect compliment of vanilla, butter, and sugar.
This dough isn’t designed for rolling out for cookie shapes. This batter is meant for simple, enjoyable cookies: scoop out the batter, roll in sugar, press down and bake.
In a large mixing bowl, blend the softened butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. You’ll want to make sure you blend for at least 3 minutes.
Add in egg and vanilla extract and continue to blend until combined, making sure to scrape sides with spatula.
Add in flour, baking powder and salt. Mix with blender on low speed until all ingredients are combined. Batter will be soft and slightly sticky in nature.
Place 1/4 cup sugar into shallow bowl. Use small or medium cookie scoop to drop rounded balls into bowl of sugar (I used a medium OXO cookie scoop). Coat with sugar and place on cookie sheet. Use bottom of glass to press cookie to 1/4 inch thickness. (If you prefer, you can use different colored sugars at this time when pressing down the cookie. I used orange sugar for a batch since it’s Fall). Cookies will still spread so make sure to place cookies at least two inches apart.
Bake cookies at 375 degrees F on parchment or silicone lined baking sheet for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.
Place cookie sheet on wire rack to cool for approx. 2 minutes and then transfer cookies to another wire rack for continued cooling. Store in airtight container and enjoy!
Spectacular Sugar Cookies
These sugar cookies taste amazing and are super easy to make!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (12 tbsp) unsalted butter, room temp
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temp
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
For rolling cookies:
- 1/4 cup granulated or colored sugar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
2. In large bowl, blend butter and 3/4 cup sugar with electric mixer on medium speed for at least three minutes, or until light and fluffy.
3. Add in vanilla extract and egg and blend until combined.
4. Add in flour, baking powder and salt and blend on low speed until all ingredients are combined.
5. In separate small bowl, add in 1/4 cup sugar. Use small or medium sized cookie scoop for cookie dough. Drop rounded balls into sugar to coat.
6. Place on prepared baking sheet. Use bottom of glass dipped in sugar to flatten cookie ball, approx. 1/4" thick.
7. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookie edges are light golden brown.