These pumpkin carrot cupcakes are incredibly moist and outstandingly delicious topped with a homemade cream cheese frosting.
These pumpkin carrot cupcakes are super easy to make and taste amazing! I don’t think I’ve come across a cupcake this incredibly moist. This wonderful cupcake is like a version of a carrot cake on steroids. This recipe includes freshly-grated carrots, pumpkin, pineapple and coconut. At first, you might think it’s too many ingredients thrown in for one cupcake, but let me assure you, this is one scrumptious dessert. Add on the homemade cream cheese frosting and get ready to sigh in pleasure as you taste this little piece of heaven.
Here’s how to make pumpkin carrot cupcakes:
In a large bowl, add in eggs. pumpkin puree (not pie filling), granulated sugar, brown sugar, crushed pineapple, freshly grated carrots, coconut, oil, buttermilk, and vanilla extract together. Stir with large spoon until well-blended.
In a separate medium sized bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda, and salt together.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until combined. Batter will be thick.
Use large sized cookie scoop to fill cupcake liners 2/3 full with batter.
Bake at 350 degrees F on center rack for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of cupcake comes out clean. Remove to wire rack and let cool in pan for three minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan and continue cooling process on wire rack.
Here’s how to make cream cheese frosting:
In large bowl, combine the softened butter, softened cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Blend with electric mixer for 2 – 3 minutes on medium speed, or until smooth and creamy. For these cupcakes I used a Wilton 2A tip with a disposable decorating bag. (Tip: place frosting bag inside large glass and then use spatula to fill bag with frosting)
According to the famous sisters over at Georgetown Cupcakes, they don’t advise to refrigerate cupcakes as it will dry them out. Instead, store in an airtight container at room temperature. These also freeze well. Simply take out of freezer and allow two to three hours to come back to room temperature. They will taste just as fresh and moist as the day you made them.
Hope you get a chance to try this great dessert!
Pumpkin carrot cupcakes
These pumpkin carrot cupcakes are incredibly moist and taste delicious topped with a homemade cream cheese frosting.
For the cupcakes:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (8oz) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup grated carrots (about 3 or 4 carrots)
- 1 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the frosting:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cupcake liners in cupcake pan.
2. Grate 3 to 4 carrots to equal one cup and set aside.
3. In medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking soda, spices, and salt. Set aside.
4. In large bowl, beat eggs and then add in pumpkin, both sugars, oil, pineapple, grated carrots, coconut, vanilla, and buttermilk. Stir until well-blended.
5. Slowly add dry ingredients to above and stir just until combined.
6. Fill cupcake liner 2/3 full with batter.
7. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
8. Cool in pan on wire rack for three minutes and then transfer cupcakes to just wire rack to continue cooling.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1. In large bowl, add in cream cheese, butter, and vanilla extract. Blend on medium speed with electric mixer for 2 - 3 minutes.
2. Add in powdered sugar and continue to mix on medium speed for at least 2 minutes.
3. Place frosting in disposable decorating bag with your choice of Wilton decorating tip.