These Patriotic Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies consist of a soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie with a fluffy center thanks to the addition of a pudding mix. These tasty cookies also include red, white, and blue M & M candies along with patriotic sprinkles. This is a fun and festive cookie for your next holiday celebration.
Are you looking forward to a day at the beach or a BBQ for your 4th of July celebration? Our weather has been a scorcher all week. With temps in the high 90’s, my husband and daughter, along with one of her friends, are going to head to the water park. I work in the healthcare field full-time during the day and unfortunately, I’m stuck working the whole day. My son works at a quarry that has been converted into a water park during the Summer and he’s working as well. I’m really looking forward to coming home and having a simple little BBQ at home.
I’ve had fun baking different treats with a patriotic theme over the past couple weeks. I’ve never made a cookie with pudding in it and have been curious to give it a try. This recipe is very similar to a chocolate chip cookie batter. The pudding mix seems to make the cookie a little fluffier and a bit cake like. Since the 4th is coming up, I decided to add in color coordinated M & M candies and sprinkles.
Here’s how to make this recipe:
Combine the butter and sugars together in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for about 3 minutes.
Add in eggs, one at a time, along with vanilla extract and blend on medium speed until well-combined.
Add in pudding mix followed by flour, baking soda, and salt. Blend on medium-low speed just until combined.
Fold in semi-sweet chocolate chips, M & M candies, and sprinkles.
Use medium-sized cookie scoop and place rounded tablespoon of cookie dough onto parchment-lined or silicone-lined baking sheet. There’s no need to chill the dough prior to baking. I performed a test where I baked half the cookies with chilled cookie dough and half without. I found it didn’t make a difference if the dough was chilled in this case. The cookies hardly even spread even at room temperature. Bake the cookies at 350 degrees F for 8 – 10 minutes. Edges should be golden brown and top of cookie should look slightly wet.
Remove pan to wire rack to cool. After 2 minutes, remove cookies from pan and place on wire rack to finish cooling.
Patriotic Pudding Cookies
These Patriotic Pudding Cookies consist of a soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie with a fluffy center thanks to the addition of a pudding mix. These tasty cookies are loaded with M & M candies along with patriotic sprinkles. A fun and festive cookie for your next holiday celebration.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 3.4 oz (1 package) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup M & M candies (red, white, blue)
- 1/2 cup red, white, and blue sprinkles
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat. Set aside.
2. In large bowl, blend butter and both sugars with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes.
3. Add in eggs, one at a time, along with vanilla extract. Blend on medium speed until well-combined.
4. Add in pudding mix, flour, baking soda, and salt. Blend on medium-low speed just until combined.
5. Fold in chocolate chips, M & M candies, and sprinkles.
6. Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 - 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown and top of cookie is almost set.
7. Remove to wire rack to cool for 2 - 3 minutes. Remove cookies from pan to wire rack to finish cooling.