This No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert Recipe is a scrumptious dessert layered with an Oreo cookie crust, whipped peanut butter mousse, chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups, chocolate pudding, and crushed Oreo cookies. This is a great combination of peanut butter and chocolate.
This dessert kind of reminds me of the Death by Chocolate dessert in regards to the different layers of whipped cream, pudding and chocolate. I found the original recipe for this on Taste of Home. I adapted this version to cut out a significant amount of sugar. The recipe is still sweet, but this dessert now feels light and fluffy, especially with the whipped topping added into the peanut butter and chocolate layers.
Place 16 cookies in food processor and crumble into fine crumbs. Add to medium sized bowl with melted butter and stir with fork until ingredients are moistened > evenly combined.
Press cookie mixture into bottom of 9 inch square pan lined with parchment paper or foil.
In large bowl, add in cream cheese, peanut butter, and powdered sugar and blend with electric mixer on medium speed until well-blended.
Fold in whipped cream. Note: Even though I had a 16 oz container, since it was whipped, I had to measure out 2 cups to the bowl instead of 1 because of the volume difference.
Spread peanut butter mixture evenly on top of cookie crust.
You will need approx. 16 – 20 pieces of miniature Reese’s peanut butter cups, chopped. Make sure to to reserve approx 1/4 cup for the topping. Spread chopped candies evenly over peanut butter mixture.
Add milk and pudding mix to a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium low speed for 2 minutes. Fold in remaining whipped topping until evenly combined. Spread evenly over peanut butter cups.
Chop up remaining 4 Oreo Cookies. Sprinkle on top of pudding layer along with remaining chopped peanut butter candies.
Cover and let chill in refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Keep stored in refrigerator.
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert Recipe
This No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert Recipe is a scrumptious dessert layered with an Oreo cookie crust, whipped peanut butter mousse, chopped candy bars, chocolate pudding, and crushed Oreo cookies.
- 20 Oreo cookies, divided
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 16 oz container of whipped topping, divided
- 1 1/4 cups miniature Reese's peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1 package instant chocolate fudge pudding mix (3.9 oz)
- 1 cup milk
Place 16 Oreo cookies into food processor to crush into fine crumbs.
2. Add crushed cookies to bowl of melted butter and toss ingredients together with fork until combined.
3. Press cookie mixture into bottom of 9 inch square pan lined with foil or parchment paper.
4. In large bowl, combine cream cheese, peanut butter and powdered sugar together with an electric mixer on medium speed until well-blended.
5. Fold in 1/2 of whipped topping to peanut butter mixture until combined. Spread mixture on top of cookie crust. Set aside.
6. Chop the miniature peanut butter cups. Reserve 1/4 cup for topping. Spread over peanut butter layer.
7. In another large bowl, add in the milk and pudding mix. Beat with electric mixer on medium-low speed for 2 minutes. Fold in the remaining whipped topping until combined. Spread over candy layer.
8. Chop remaining 4 cookies and sprinkle over pudding mixture along with remaining chopped peanut butter cups. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
Keep this dessert refrigerated.
This recipe was adapted from Taste of Home
Dessert needs to be chilled for 3 hours prior to serving