This No Bake Cheesecake starts off with a buttery, graham cracker crust and is filled with a great tasting cream cheese filling that requires absolutely no baking. This is a great, refreshing Summer dessert.
I recently made a no-bake lemon cheesecake and had great results. I finally worked up the courage to make a no bake cheesecake. Baked cheesecakes are so good, and I was scared that a plain no-bake cheesecake wouldn’t live up to my expectations, but this recipe is fantastic!
My inspiration for this recipe came from beyond frosting . This recipe has no gelatin and includes homemade whipped cream.
What set this recipe apart from other similar recipes is the addition of white chocolate to the cheesecake. It helps give the cheesecake a better texture and the small addition of white chocolate takes out the extreme tanginess I found in some of the other recipes. Okay, let’s talk about texture just for a second. I’m not one to usually have texture issues, but there are certain foods I just can’t eat. Cottage cheese tops the list followed by plain sour cream and plain yogurt. When I trialed a few no-bake recipes, the texture was too soft and I felt like I was eating a bowl of tangy sour cream. I really like this cheesecake cake recipe as it comes closest to the taste of a baked cheesecake.
Here’s how to make this recipe:
Start by making the crust. Pulse the graham cracker crumbs in food processor until finely crushed. Add crushed crumbs to bowl of melted butter along with granulated sugar. Stir with fork to ensure the cookie crumbs are coated with butter. Since we’re not baking the crust, the butter essentially acts as the glue to help hold the crust together.
Press the crust firmly into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch springform pan. (Note: use the bottom of a measuring cup to help press into pan) Place pan in refrigerator to chill while making the filling.
Add white chocolate to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for thirty second increments and then stir. Continue until chocolate has melted. (It took my microwave a minute and twenty seconds to melt chocolate completely)
Add in 4 tbsp of heavy whipping cream and stir until combined. Set aside.
Now, we’re going to proceed to making the whipped cream. In large bowl, add in heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar. Blend with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
In another large bowl, blend the cream cheese and granulated sugar together with electric mixer on medium speed for about 3 minutes. Batter will be smooth and fluffy.
Add in vanilla extract followed by the melted white chocolate and blend on medium speed until combined.
Add half of the whipped cream and fold into batter. Add in remaining whipped cream and fold into batter.
Batter will be thick and mousse-like in consistency.
Spread batter evenly into 9-inch springform pan.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 – 8 hours. Run a knife around edge of springform pan prior to releasing.
Serve with fresh fruit of choice.
No Bake Cheesecake
- 2 cups graham crackers, finely crushed
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 8 oz white chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups + 4 tbsp heaving whipping cream, divided
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2- 8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Pulse graham crackers in food processor until finely crumbled.
2. Add crushed graham crackers to bowl of melted butter. Add in granulated sugar and toss with fork until thoroughly combined.
3. Press cookie mixture firmly into bottom and up sides of 9-inch springform pan.
Place white chocolate in microwave safe bowl and microwave in thirty second increments, stirring inbetween until chocolate is melted.
2. Add 4 tbsp of heavy whipping cream to melted white chocolate and stir until combined. Set bowl aside.
3. In large bowl, add in 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar. Blend with electric mixer on high for 2 - 3 minutes, or until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
4. In large bowl, add in softened cream cheese and granulated sugar. Blend with electric mixer on medium speed for about 3 minutes.
5. Add vanilla extract and white chocolate to cream cheese mixture. Blend on medium speed just until combined.
6. Add in half of whipped cream and fold into batter. Add remaining whip cream and continue folding into batter.
7. Spread batter evenly into 9-inch springform pan.
8. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 - 8 hours to chill.
Recipe adapted from beyondfrosting.com