Three simple ingredients make these easy and great-tasting gluten-free peanut butter cookies. This dessert can be made in less than 30 minutes.
When I post a recipe, I’ve usually trialed several variations of the recipe and then end up posting which one I liked the best. When I recently was making regular peanut butter cookies, I decided to try this gluten-free version as well. The skeptic in me wondered how well this recipe would fare especially with only three ingredients, and here’s what happened:
My family and co-workers loved the peanut butter cookies with flour and gravitated toward these first. My husband took the gluten-free peanut butter cookies to his work as well and everyone initially shied away from these cookies since they were labeled “gluten-free”. Here’s the irony: once people tried them, they actually said they liked the gluten-free version better than the other peanut butter cookies. Why did people like them so much, including me? The feedback was that they were full of peanut butter flavor and people liked the softness and chewiness to the cookie. I definitely think they are worth sharing!
In a large bowl, combine one cup granulated sugar, one cup creamy peanut butter, and one large egg. Blend with electric mixer on medium speed until ingredients are well-combined (about 2 to 3 minutes).
Sprinkle a few tablespoons of sugar into a large, shallow bowl. Use tablespoon to scoop out batter and then roll into balls. Coat rolled balls in sugar and place on baking sheet.
Use tines of fork to press criss-cross pattern onto each cookie.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes. (I baked these cookies for 9 minutes) Remove pan to wire rack and allow cookies to cool in pan for approx. 3 minutes before removing to wire rack to finish cooling.
The only down-side to this recipe is that it makes a small batch (just under two dozen). If you need a larger portion, you’ll need to double the recipe. Keep stored in airtight container and enjoy.
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 1 large egg
- 3-4 tbsp granulated sugar to roll cookie dough in
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
2. In large sized bowl, combine granulated sugar, peanut butter, and egg with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 - 3 minutes or until ingredients are well-combined.
3. Place a few tablespoons of granulated sugar in separate bowl. Use tablespoon to scoop out batter and roll into balls. Roll cookie balls in sugar and place on baking sheet.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes and then remove to wire rack. Let cookies cool in pan for 3 minutes and then remove cookies to wire rack to finish cooling.
5. Store in airtight container.