Crescent Cheesecake Bars consist of cream cheese filling nestled between layers of crescent bread and topped with butter and cinnamon sugar. Simple ingredients make this quick and easy dessert.
I was introduced to this tasty treat while helping out at another building recently. These crescent cheesecake bars were still warm and tasted delicious. This dessert is simple without being overly sweet. I’m not usually a big bread person, but I really loved the combination of crescent bread with the cream cheese and cinnamon.
These crescent cheesecake bars are an excellent choice served for a breakfast or brunch, especially served warm.
Here’s how to make crescent cheesecake bars:
Roll out a can of crescent rolls and carefully place into a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Make sure seams have been pinched together.
Prepare cream cheese filling in large bowl by adding cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract. Blend with electric mixer until ingredients are well-combined. Spread cream cheese mixture on top of rolled out crescent rolls.
Carefully roll out another can of crescent rolls on top of cream cheese filling. Make sure any seams are crimped to avoid cream cheese from oozing out while baking.
In small bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar together. Pour melted butter on top of crescent dough followed by sprinkling of cinnamon sugar.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until top becomes golden and butter has mostly evaporated.
Remove pan to wire rack to cool and then cut into squares.
I think these bars taste great served warm, but I did receive feedback from several people saying they liked them just as much at room temperature. Hope you get a chance to try!
Crescent Cheesecake Bars
Crescent Cheesecake Bars consist of a cream cheese filling nestled between crescent bread and topped with butter and cinnamon sugar. Simple ingredients make this quick and easy dessert.
- 2 cans Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 2 8 ox packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 – 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
2. Roll out one can of crescent rolls and place in lightly greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Make sure seams have been pressed together.
3. In large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract. Blend with electric mixer until well-blended.
4. Spread layer of cream cheese filling over rolled out crescent rolls.
5. Roll out additional can of crescent rolls carefully over cream cheese filling. Make sure all seams are crimped together.
6. In small bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar together. Pour melted butter over crescent rolls followed by sprinkling of cinnamon sugar mixture.
7. Place dish in oven to bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until top is golden brown and butter is mostly absorbed.
8. Remove to wire rack to cool before cutting into squares.