These soft and chewy Cream Cheese Cookies are simple to make and enjoyable to eat.
I just returned from vacation. We ended up spending two weeks in Florida visiting our family and as much as I loved visiting, I’m glad to be back home. I was hoping to share this simple cookie recipe with you before I left, but I ran out of time.
This cream cheese cookie is very similar to the taste of a butter cookie, but not overly sweet. The addition of cream cheese in this recipe keeps the cookie soft and chewy. It will have a golden brown bottom and remain light in color. The cookie dough becomes very sticky when blended together and will require chilling prior to baking.
Here’s how to make this recipe:
Blend butter and cream cheese together in large bowl with an electric mixer for approx. 2 – 3 minutes.
Add in egg and blend with electric mixer until well-blended.
Add in powdered sugar, baking powder, vanilla and almond extract. Blend until combined. Slowly add in flour and blend with electric mixer just until combined. As I mentioned earlier, batter will be sticky. Cover bowl with saran wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to chill dough.
I used a medium cookie scoop to drop the cookie dough onto a silicone lined baking sheet. Gently press down top of cookie ball with bottom of a glass as these cookies won’t spread much.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 – 10 minutes or until edges of cookie are golden brown. Top of cookie should only be slightly shiny when you pull them out of oven.
Cool cookies on pan for approx. 1 minute and then transfer cookies to wire rack to finish cooling. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Store in airtight container.
Cream Cheese Cookies
These soft and chewy cream cheese cookies are simple to make and enjoyable to eat.
- 1/2 cup (8 tbsp) unsalted butter, room temp
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1 large egg, room temp
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
In large bowl, combine butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 - 3 minutes.
2. Add in egg and blend until combined.
3. Add in powdered sugar, baking powder, and both extracts. Blend until combined.
4. Slowly add flour and blend just until combined. Cover bowl with saran wrap and refrigerate batter for at least 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
6. Scoop chilled cookie dough onto silicone (or parchment) lined baking sheet. Slightly flatten top of cookie ball. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
7. Remove pan to wire rack. Cool cookies on pan for 1 minute and then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
8. Sprinkle cookies with powdered sugar.