Fresh cranberries, white chocolate chips, coconut, and sliced almonds make up these great tasting Cranberry and White Chocolate Macaroon cookies.
I think I’ve found a new holiday cookie. If you like coconut macaroon cookies, I urge you to try this variation. The slight tartness of the cranberries blend well with the sweetness of the white chocolate chips. My husband brought these to work and they were a huge hit.These cookies are simple to make and only require seven ingredients. There’s no need to chill the batter with these cookies. It should take less than 10 minutes to make the batter and under 15 minutes to bake a tray of chewy, delicious cookies.
Here’s how to make Cranberry and White Chocolate Macaroon cookies:
Use cutting board to chop fresh cranberries into small pieces to equal 1 cup. Set aside.
In large bowl, add sweetened shredded coconut flakes, sweetened condensed milk, egg whites, and vanilla extract. (Make sure you don’t use a whole can of the sweetened condensed milk; otherwise, these cookies will become too runny.) Stir until ingredients are well combined.
Fold in diced cranberries, white chocolate chips, and sliced almonds until well combined.
Use small or medium sized cookie scoop to place rounded batter onto parchment or silicone lined baking sheet. (You might have to shape with fingers as needed to keep in a ball shape)
Bake at 325 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes. Start checking at the 12 minute mark. Bottom edges of cookie should be golden brown.
Place pan on wire rack to cool. Leave cookies on pan for 2 to 3 minutes and then remove to wire rack to finish cooling completely.
Cranberry and White Chocolate Macaroon Cookies
Fresh cranberries, white chocolate chips, and sliced almonds make up these great tasting Cranberry and White Chocolate Chip Macaroon cookies.
- 14 oz shredded, sweetened coconut flakes
- 6 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup chopped cranberries, fresh
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone lined mat.
2. Use cutting board to dice/chop fresh cranberries. Set aside.
3. In large bowl, add in coconut, sweetened condensed milk, egg whites, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.
4. Fold in diced cranberries, white chocolate chips, and sliced almonds until well blended.
5. Use small or medium sized cookie scoop to drop rounded spoonfuls of batter onto prepared baking sheet. (You might need to reshape with fingers to form a ball shape).
6. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
7. Remove pan to wire rack to cool for 2 – 3 minutes and then remove cookies to wire rack to finish cooling completely.
8. Store in airtight container.
Frozen cranberries may also be used if you don’t have fresh cranberries.
If you liked this recipe, you might also want to try almond joy macaroons .