Coconut Cream Pie Bars have all of the delicious taste of a coconut cream pie made in bar form. This dessert has an excellent crust with a chewy layer of cream cheese and loads of coconut. This is a great dessert for coconut lovers!
Summer is approaching which means more people getting outdoors, picnics, parties, etc. I like pies and cheesecakes, but I wouldn’t necessarily bring these to an outdoor function. In this case, I want something that is a little more grab and go, as well as something that makes a larger portion.
As you know, most of my inspiration comes from recipes I see on Pinterest. I credit this recipe back to Hayley Parker at The Domestic Rebel.
To make this recipe, you’ll start off with making the crust. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, coconut cream pudding mix, melted butter, and egg. (This is the cake mix and pudding mix I used for this recipe)
Mix all ingredients with electric mixer on medium-low speed just until ingredients are combined. Batter will be a little thick.
Press batter evenly into bottom of lightly greased parchment lined 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Set aside.
In another large bowl, blend the cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed for about a minute. Add in eggs, one at a time and continue to blend until well-combined. Batter will be thin and smooth.
Add in coconut extract, powdered sugar, and melted butter. Blend with electric mixer on medium speed until well-blended. Add in coconut and fold into batter.
Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over crust layer.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes or until edges are golden brown and center is mostly set. It’s okay if filling is slightly jiggly. This dessert is a little like a cheesecake because of the cream cheese and will set completely once it cools.
Remove pan to wire rack and let cool to room temperature before placing in refrigerator to cool. Allow to cool for 2 – 3 hours and then cut into squares. Sprinkle top with powdered sugar.
Keep this dessert stored in refrigerator.
Coconut Cream Pie Bars
These coconut cream pie bars are all of the goodness of a coconut cream pie made in bar form. This is a great dessert for coconut lovers and is great for picnics or potlucks.
- 1 box (15.25 oz) white cake mix
- 1 box (3.0 oz) instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp coconut extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1-2 tsp powdered sugar to sprinkle on top of bars
In large bowl, add in cake mix, pudding mix, melted butter, and egg. Blend with electric mixer on medium-low speed just until ingredients are combined.
2. Press batter into bottom of lightly greased parchment lined 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In large bowl, blend cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed for 1 minute.
2. Add in eggs, one at a time and blend with electric mixer until well-blended.
3. Add in coconut extract, powdered sugar, and melted butter. Blend until well-combined.
4. Fold in shredded coconut. Spread batter evenly over crust layer.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes or until edges are golden brown and center is mostly set. (It's okay if slightly jiggly)
6. Remove to wire rack to cool to room temperature. Cover with saran wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate for 2 - 3 hours.
7. Cut into squares and dust with powdered sugar.
8. Keep this dessert refrigerated.
Recipe inspired from Hayler Parker at The Domestic Rebel
Please leave a rating or comment if you tried this recipe. Thanks!