Chocolate Kiss Cookies are soft and chewy chocolate cookies made from butter and cocoa. These cookies are rolled in holiday sprinkles and topped with a Hershey’s candy kiss.
If you’re a chocolate lover or love chocolate cookies, you might want to give this cookie a try. This cookie is similar to the hugely popular peanut butter blossom cookies. Instead of a peanut butter base, you’ll use a chocolate base and will roll the cookies in sprinkles instead of sugar. These cookies end up being a fun, festive addition to any holiday platter.
Here’s how to make this recipe for Chocolate Kiss Cookies:
In large bowl, combine the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add in egg, vanilla, and milk. Blend until combined.
Add in flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Blend on medium to medium-low speed just until ingredients are combined.
Even though this batter is sticky, you won’t need to chill the dough for this recipe. Roll dough into tablespoon-sized balls. Place sprinkles or non-pareils in shallow bowl. Proceed to roll balls into sprinkles and then place on baking sheet at least two inches apart.
Remove pan from oven and let cookies cool in pan for one to two minutes.
Press chocolate candy kiss into center of each cookie.
Remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely or place pan in freezer for 3 to 5 minutes to allow chocolate to set. Store cookies in airtight container and enjoy!
Chocolate Kiss Cookies
Chocolate Kiss Cookies are chocolate cookies rolled in sprinkles and topped with a Hershey’s chocolate candy kiss. This is a great holiday cookie for chocolate lovers.
- 1/2 cup (8 tbsp) unsalted butter, softened to room temp
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, room temp
- 2 tbsp milk, whole or 2%
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup holiday sprinkles (non-pareils)
- 30 Hershey’s chocolate candy kiss, unwrapped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper or add silicone baking mat. Set aside.
2. In large bowl, blend together softened unsalted butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 – 3 minutes.
3. Add in egg, vanilla extract, and milk. Blend until combined.
4. Add in flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Blend on low speed just until ingredients are combined.
5. Roll dough into tablespoon-sized balls. Fill shallow bowl with holiday sprinkles and then proceed to roll balls into sprinkles. Place on baking sheet at least two inches apart.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 to 9 minutes only. Remove pan to wire rack and let cookies cool in pan for 1 to 2 minutes. Press unwrapped Hershey’s candy kiss into center of cookie.
7. Place baking sheet in freezer for 3 to 5 minutes to let candy harden. Remove pan from freezer and place cookies in airtight container.