Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are soft and chewy, cake-like cookies. Easy to make and dough requires no chilling prior to baking.
White chocolate chips and semisweet chocolate chips are packed into these tasty, fluffy cookies. A quick and easy dessert that can be made within minutes.
For those people that have visited my site for a recipe lately, I wanted to reach out and say thank you. My dad recently passed away and my life literally came to a screeching halt. My husband picked up the slack taking care of the house, kids, and dog while I rushed to Florida.
My dad has struggled with a litany of health problems over the past few years including lung cancer, bladder cancer, congestive heart failure, and Diabetes. Even though he’s had all these problems, he was content putzing around his house, working on model airplanes, and watching old tv shows.
In January, he started suffering with tremendous pain and large doses of pain medication barely made a dent. He finally reached the point where his primary doctor recommended hospice to make him more comfortable.
When my Dad told me he was going on hospice, I told him I would support his decision. I knew he was suffering and I knew it was getting too much for him to bear. He probably thought I was crazy, but I told him then how much I loved him and thanked him for all the time we got to spend together. I wanted him to know while he was still coherent how I felt and have a chance to say goodbye. He actually tried to reassure me and was even optimistic, stating that once hospice got his pain under control, he could go back onto his VA benefits. It was the last time I got to talk to him. He passed away five days later.
Although my heart breaks and I’ll miss him terribly, I’m glad he’s finally at peace.
I’ve since returned to my family in CT. My husband doesn’t cook at all so my family has been ecstatic to have home cooked meals again. I went back to work (health-care industry) and I’m now back to baking.
Baking helps keep me grounded and gives me a sense of purpose.
These little cookies are a great comfort food and I hope you enjoy making them.
Here’s how to make Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies:
In large bowl, blend butter and both sugars with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes.
Add in eggs, one at a time, along with vanilla extract. Blend until well-combined.
Add in pudding mix, flour, baking soda, and salt. Blend on medium-low speed just until ingredients are combined.
Fold in white chocolate chips and semisweet chocolate chips.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
Remove pan to wire rack. Let cookies cool on pan for 2 minutes. Remove cookies from pan to wire rack to finish cooling completely.
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
Chocolate Chip Pudding cookies are soft, chewy, cake-like cookies. These fluffy cookies are tasty and easy to make.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 3.4 oz (1 package) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
2. In large bowl, add in butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Blend with electric mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes.
3. Add in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla extract. Blend until well-combined.
4. Add in pudding mix, flour, baking soda, and salt. Blend on medium-low speed just until ingredients are combined.
5. Fold in semisweet and white chocolate chips. Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
6. Remove pan to wire rack to cool. Leave cookies in pan for 2 minutes and then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
7. Store in airtight container.