This brownie cookie recipe consist of all the goodness of a brownie in a cookie form. These soft and chewy cookies are rich and fudgy and definitely worth tasting!
Cookies that taste like brownies. What’s not to love? This is an easy recipe to make. Because of the consistency of the batter, you’ll need to chill the batter prior to baking for best results. You’ll still have the great chocolate flavor of a brownie with a crackly crust and crisp edges on the outside. The inside of the cookie will be soft, chewy and fudgy.
Here’s how to make Brownie Cookies:
Melt butter and bittersweet chocolate chips in microwave or in small saucepan over low heat until chocolate has completely melted. Set aside.
In large bowl, combine eggs, both sugars, and vanilla extract. Blend with electric mixer on medium speed for 2- 3 minutes.
Add in the melted chocolate and stir until combined.
Add in flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Stir until combined.
Batter will be thin and essentially look like brownie batter. Fold in semisweet chocolate chips.
At this point, it will be almost impossible to form cookies with the batter in its current state. The batter will need to be chilled in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Once batter is chilled, use medium sized cookie scoop and drop rounded balls of batter onto prepared baking sheets. (Batter will be sticky)
Bake at 350 degrees F for 7 – 9 minutes. The edges of cookie will look set, but center will be slightly wet. This is okay. Remove to wire rack and let cookies cool on pan for 2 minutes before removing to wire rack to complete cooling.
Brownie Cookie Recipe
- 1/2 cup (8 tbsp) unsalted butter
- 12 oz bittersweet chocolate chips (60%)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Line baking sheets with silicone mat or parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Melt butter and bittersweet chocolate chips in microwave in thirty second increments (up to 1 1/2 minutes) or in small saucepan over low heat until chocolate has melted. (Make sure to stir frequently)
3. In large bowl, add in both sugars, eggs, and vanilla extract. Blend with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add melted chocolate and stir until combined.
5. Add in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir just until ingredients are combined.
6. Fold in semisweet chocolate chips. Cover bowl with saran wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.
7. Use medium-sized cookie scoop to drop batter onto prepared baking sheets.
8. Bake for 7 – 9 minutes. Edges of cookie should be set and center should look slightly wet. Remove to wire rack and let cookies cool on pan for 2 minutes.
9. Remove cookies to wire rack to finish cooling. Store in airtight container.
Recipe inspired from ihearteating.com