These banana muffins are a quick and easy treat for breakfast. They are simple to make and are moist and delicious tasting.
I had some ripe bananas and decided to put them to good use. I’ve been getting tired of eating egg omelettes almost every day for breakfast and although these little muffins aren’t as healthy, they taste great served warm and fresh from the oven. This recipe is so easy to make and comes together within minutes.
In medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside
In large bowl, add in melted butter, sugar, egg, mashed bananas, and vanilla extract.
Stir until well-combined.
Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir with large spoon just until combined. Tip: the key to making good muffins is to barely mix the wet and dry ingredients together. Don’t overmix! I didn’t add nuts to this recipe, but if you want to add a 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, you would fold them into the batter at this time.
Use large cookie scoop to place batter in cupcake lined muffin pan. Fill batter about 3/4 full.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown around edges and toothpick inserted into center comes out mostly clean.
Remove pan to wire rack to cool for three minutes. Remove muffins from pan and allow to finish cooling on wire rack.
Best served within a couple days. Store in airtight container or wrap in aluminum foil to keep muffins moist.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3-4 large ripened bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cupcake liners in muffin pan.
2. Combine first four ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt) into medium sized bowl. Set aside.
3. In large bowl, add melted butter, sugar, egg, mashed bananas, and vanilla extract. Stir until combined.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Stir just until combined. If adding nuts, fold in at this time.
5. Use large cookie scoop to fill cupcake liner approx 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 - 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown and toothpick inserted into center comes out mostly clean.
6. Remove pan to wire rack and let muffins cool in pan for 3 minutes.
7. Remove muffins from pan and let finish cooling on wire rack.
8. Store in airtight container.